Friday, December 3, 2010

First Celebration of the Season

Thursday afternoon, the girls I work with came to my house for the annual NEACTC Ladies Christmas Tea. I guess it has become "annual" at "my house." Three years ago, I had an idea to to make some goodies and invite everyone after school to fellowship, share in the season, and exchange Christmas ornaments. We had never had any type of get together until then. They all seemed to have a wonderful time and now it seems that they look forward to the event and wait for me to extend the invitation. The house is completely decorated for Christmas, I make a variety of Christmas goodies, and I always have a peculator of cinnamon cider.

Here is the table before we all dived in. We had Zippy Sausage, Cocktail Pecans, Woody's Dip with chips, cheese ball with crackers, Crockpot Candy, Magic Cookie Bars, and a new recipe which I believe to be a keeper, Gooey Butterscotch Bars. They were delicious.

This is everyone finding something to eat and making themselves at home.

Before our ornament exchange, everyone gathered for a group photo. Three of our gang couldn't be here for the party. This is a sweet, sweet bunch of ladies. I couldn't work with any nicer group of women.

It is a thrill for me to host this event, prepare the treats, and have everyone in my home. I am the one who truly receives the blessing for what seems to make others happy. I love doing this. I wish I had more time to entertain--maybe when I retire. Although they didn't need to, they gave me this pretty poinsettia as a hostess thank you. I think it is so pretty and I wanted to share it with you.

I love this season of the year. I'm looking forward to a few more gatherings and happenings at the month progresses. I'll share our festive activities as they unfold.

Happy Holidays,

Marcia

No comments: