Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Final Countdown: Day 3

It's been a beautiful sunny day. I was up around 7 o'clock and headed straight for the coffee pot. I love sipping on early morning coffee with nowhere to go and nothing I have to do. I sat for at least an hour enjoying the quiet of the morning, watching the tree lights blink and enjoying a magazine.

Before too long, I was up straightening the kitchen, making the bed, and seeing about a load of laundry. No matter how much you do the day before, it all seems to "undo" itself and in one fashion or another, you have to start over.

I made two more Christmas treats for the family. It's tradition to have dipped pretzels in almond bark. . .

and Chex Party Mix.

Whew! I'm kind of tired. These snacks aren't hard to make; just so time consuming. I often think I'll never get to the bottom of the bowl when I'm dipping pretzels. The party mix takes an hour to bake and I make two batches the way my family gobbles it down.

Collin finished up at work today and will be off until Monday. He commented tonight, "No alarm clock in the morning!" When he got home, we headed to town for just a couple of errands. Back home, I found a snack, but he had a big lunch and wasn't hungry. And here we are at day's end once again. The big day is getting closer.

Marcia

No comments: