Friday, December 24, 2010

Final Countdown: Day 1

Christmas Eve! What a wonderful day of celebration.

We began our day with Christmas Eve Brunch for the family. Mom and Dad came over, and Glen and Diane came along with Micah and Rhyne. Of course completing the family was Collin, Bryan, and myself, the cook.

I love this family time together. We have time to focus on family, relax, eat a leisure breakfast, and just spend some quality time before the excitement of the Christmas presents which of course I do not wish to minimize. This, too, is very important. We always take time to share family prayer thanking God for family, the blessings of the year, and the true meaning of the season, the gift of His son, the tiny baby that changed the world forever.

After everyone was on their way, I put everything away, washed a load of linens, and wrapped some last minute packages. Our Christmas Eve dinner is always rather quiet, just the three of us. I kept it simple: baked ham and baked potato with rolls. When my children were little, we always played board games together. They grew up on me and now I have but a memory.

Well, the day is done once again. Tomorrow, we'll head out to my folk's house, then Collin's parents, and our family Christmas will be the last thing tomorrow night. It's my last night to enjoy the tree twinkling with all the pretty packages underneath.

From our house to yours, we wish every one a Very Merry Christmas.

Marcia

No comments: