Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Final Countdown: Day 4

Another productive yet relaxed and peaceful day.

I hadn't been up too long this morning when my dad showed up. I was still drinking coffee so I told him to have a seat and visit for a while. I cherish our time together--we just don't get enough of it. We talked of things present and things past. Remembering the season of the year, we laughed about an occasion when dad came in and caught my grandmother snooping under the Christmas tree at our house when I was probably a teen-ager. Micah gets that 4th generation trait from my Nanny, her great-grandmother.

After he was on his way, I began to see about a little laundry and a little house cleaning. Not my favorite things, but when you have company coming, you have to take care of a few things. I suspect Micah and Rhyne will appreciate having a clean room and fresh sheets on their bed.

I've also spent a little time in the kitchen again. Today's culinary delight is Crockpot Candy. Here is a picture of the startup--all the peanuts and varieties of chocolate in the crock. It heats for three hours.

You stir it and mix all the ingredients

then after it cools just a bit, you dip it out to set up on wax paper.

And here is the finished product--takes just like a Mr. Goodbar. Collin and Bryan love these.

Tomorrow, I plan for two more favorites.

We've had dinner and we're at day's end yet again. I think we're headed for the TV. We have a lineup of Tuesday night shows that we really like.
Marcia

No comments: