Sunday, December 19, 2010

Twas the Week Before Christmas

Welcome to Christmas with our family.
Another week has passed and it's been busy at our house, but the social activity is gradually slowing down. Last weekend, we practically lived at the church. Friday night led the way for the 27th Living Christmas Tree. We also went to church on Saturday, not only for the tree, but the ladies banquet, then Sunday morning and evening as well. The program was exceptional this year, perhaps due to it's simplicity. There was a selection of popular secular music transitioning into familiar carols and then, some newer Christmas music. Narration was mixed with the music and the presentation of the gospel. It was just beautiful--very meaningful.
Monday night, the Mary Kay unit exchanged small gifts and shared refreshments. It was very pleasant. I had good intentions, but I didn't get a picture one at these events. The other afternoons, when I finished at school, I headed to the mall areas to complete my Christmas shopping. I don't care to be out on Saturdays any more with such big crowds. I love shopping and giving, but I never want to forget the spirit of Christmas because I'm aggravated by the crowd. As of Friday, school was out. Now my attentions are totally turned to home and the anticipation of the celebration to come.
Tomorrow, I am headed to WalMart for groceries. I have some snacks to make and some meals to prepare. I completed my list this afternoon and I have just a couple of little things to finish off to be ready for Santa.
I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of my children home for the holidays. Nothing says Christmas like having all my family together. Thursday evening, we've been invited to the Putman's Sr to share a meal of our blended families. We're having Christmas Eve brunch Friday morning and I'll be doing some cooking on Thursday to get ready. Christmas Eve, I'll have a special meal even though it's just Collin, Bryan, and me.
The house is decorated, the packages are wrapped, and it is nice to just relax a little and enjoy the holiday. Take a look and enjoy a little bit of Christmas with us.

Happy Holidays to You and Yours,

Marcia

No comments: