Friday, December 24, 2010

Final Countdown: Day 2

Another day of excitement and fanfare for the Elder household. Collin was officially off work and we went out for a while and didn't return until mid-afternoon.

I have been wanting a piano bench cushion and I found a lady in Paragould who does upholstery work. She called day before that my project was finished so Collin said he would drive me to get the cover. I'm extremely pleased. I know this looks a little odd, but due to a lack of chairs, I moved the bench to my table for additional seating which I'm about to explain. Perhaps another day I'll get a photo of the new cushion in front of the piano where it actually belongs.

After that we took a different route home (sounds like the Wise Men, doesn't it) to make a couple of other stops and see a couple of other things of interest. Once home, I began working on my traditional Christmas Eve Brunch. I prepared a Sausage Egg Bake (as Micah says I should call it rather than casserole--there is a story here) and Hash Brown Bake. I put together a fruit dish and several other little odds and ends as well as getting my table set.

I really enjoy getting out pretty stuff and being able to share time with and entertain my family. This is the stuff that Christmas traditions are made of and I particularly hope I'm leaving a lasting gift that my children will look back on one day with fond memories even though at this point, Bryan really doesn't like to get up out of bed, but does humor me.

We picked up my mom and dad and headed out for an evening with the Putman family. Micah and Rhyne finally made it home from NOLA and Glen and Diane invited us to join them for the dinner hour. We had a wonderful time of fellowship and the ham, biscuits, and congealed salads were great. When we left for home, we toured their neighborhood for 20 minutes or so enjoying the lights.

What a great day and how wonderful to be part of an extended family. Just a few more random shots of the evening.
Marcia

No comments: