Saturday, November 27, 2010

Blessed Thanksgiving

Our family has celebrated a wonderful week. Here is a little recap of the activity.

Micah and Rhyne got home Sunday night about 9:30. I had a pot of home-made chicken noodle soup waiting. We had a short visit and we were off to bed. Unfortunately, Collin and I had to work Monday and Tuesday, and Collin also had to work Wednesday. We shared meals and visited during the evenings. Of all my children, these two are my favorites. Aren't they just precious?

By Wednesday, Micah and I planned for a shopping spree in the city as is our usual custom. We had a productive day making some Christmas purchases at a number of stores and the mall. After arriving home, we shortly made our way to Grandmother's and Papaw's house for our Thanksgiving celebration. We girls had a pretzel at the mall, but with all the walking, we were starved. We had a wonderful meal with the traditional dishes and the turkey was extra good. Collin got a new smoker in the late summer and he smoked the turkey. He really "out-did" himself. Of course, my mom is the queen of dressing and she also prepared a number of other vegetables and salads. We had pumpkin pie, butterfinger pie, and mincemeat pie for dessert.


Thursday, the Putman's Jr. headed to the Putman Sr. household for the rest of their visit. I began decorating the house for Christmas. Collin, Bryan, and I went to his parent's house for another celebration in the late afternoon. Again, wonderful food and we all enjoyed ourselves. Micah and Rhyne came over for a couple of hours.

Friday morning after coffee, I decided to make a run into town for a few bargains. Notice, I said, "after coffee." There was nothing I needed that would cause me to get up and shop at 4 o'clock in the morning. People are crazy. Mom and I met up and looked for a few things. Once I got home, it was back to decorating the house.

Today, I pretty well finished things up around here, cleaning and putting on the final touches. Monday, it's back to school. We are richly blessed. I'm thankful to have had my children home, to be with our families, wonderful meals, and some time off to rest. I hope each of you had a blessed day.

Marcia

No comments: