Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day Off for Christmas Tree Decorating

It has been a wonderful Wednesday, one I've looked forward to for some time. I took a day off from school in the middle of the week for a seasonal activity and I have thoroughly enjoyed myself.

This is my third year to spend the afternoon at church helping decorate our 30 ft tall Christmas tree that is used to present a Christmas musical extravaganza to our community as a ministry of the church. I did a few things on the home front this morning and went to church at 11:30. I worked with two other ladies and by 4:00, the solid green tree was glistening and sparkling with gold and red tinsel, ornaments, and poinsettias. A few more touches are needed to be completely finished, but the major project is complete. As time progresses perhaps I'll have more pictures of the completed staging and even have the lights on.

We also enjoyed our Thanksgiving celebration meal tonight at church. It was complete with turkey, dressing, and all the trimmings. We had a huge crowd for the occasion.

And now, I'm home and completely exhausted. I've crawled up and down and all around on that tree like a monkey. The back steps are not in place on the back of it yet, so yes, I literally, mean, I've climbed all over it. I'm sure my muscles will know it in the morning. I've got a couple of chores to complete and then I'm off to bed. Tomorrow is another work day and I have to go back. I can only squeeze an off day here and there.

Marcia

No comments: