Sunday, November 14, 2010

Season of Blessing and Beauty

It is truly a beautiful fall day today--sunny and bright, a slight, crisp chill in the air, and the crunching of fallen leaves underfoot. I'm filled with both an awe for the beauty I see and with anticipation of the holiday to come.

In spite of a hot, dry summer, and the continuation of a dry fall, color is overtaking the countryside and we actually have some beautiful foliage. I've enjoyed a golden hickory tree for the last two weeks at the top of our street. Several mornings I've sipped my coffee, wrapped up in a throw in the early morning and simply sat gazing trying to burn the image into my brain knowing all too soon the masterpiece would vanish. It's golden image has now disappeared, but has been replaced with the fiery reds of the pear trees. This picture doesn't do them justice, but these two beauties are outside in my backyard.


I'm looking forward with delight that my children are coming home very soon. With Thanksgiving approaching quickly, Bryan will be home from college for a week, and Micah and Rhyne will be home from New Orleans for a week. That one blessing is enough for me to rejoice and thank God over and over.

I've added a few more holiday decorations in the house to celebrate the occasion.
To all our friends, a welcome is extended throughout this holiday season. If you're out our way, do stop in. The front door is always opened. . . and the invitation is always on display.Blessings to one and all. May your holiday be warm and wonderful with love and laughter of family and friends.

Marcia

No comments: