Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week's End--Final Project

Spring Break has just about come to an end, but it has been a wonderful week. I've accomplished quite a bit in the yard and around the house. Yesterday was rainy and dreary. Collin and I didn't do anything to speak of. We sat around the house mostly and watched movies and stayed on the computer. We did get dressed and go out for about an hour, but it didn't take us long to get back home. I suppose everyone needs a "do nothing" day from time to time. My spring cold is lingering and I didn't feel as good as I usually do. This afternoon, however, the rain has stopped even though there is no sunshine and it is still somewhat cold. Collin and I went out to the shop and brought in my last project. I have a somewhat new linen chest, a great addition in my living room. When Rhyne and Micah moved into their house, they had a guestroom that needed furnishings. I told Micah she could have her bedroom suite if she cared to have it. She took the desk and armoire. The dresser was left behind. My wheels began to turn. Collin removed the mirror for me, and he and Bryan carried the dresser out to the shop. It was white, but with the magic of Khaki spray paint and several days of work, it has been transformed and it now holds my place mats, table clothes, napkins, and napkin rings. I'm extremely pleased and I think I will really enjoy it. This color matches my sofa and wall colors quite well. My linen closet was rather small and now I'll have more room in it and my linens are organized, easy to find, and much easier to retrieve.

I love recycling old things and making them new. And it all it cost was the price of two cans of spray paint. I love spray paint and what it can do. If you've never tried it, I would encourage you to do so. You may become addicted as I have.


Marcia

No comments: