Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Break Weekend

Spring Break has arrived and none too soon. I was ready to leave school Friday afternoon and as soon as my students left, I was out the door behind them.

The drive home took me to WalMart. I was in search of spray paint for the projects I planned for the week. Having found what I was after and buying one small pot of pansies, I was headed for home. As it was a beautiful day and I had been involved in a busy, hectic week, I got something to drink and sat in the swing on the patio for a while until Collin got home. Bryan made it in to spend the week at home as well. After some grilled chicken, Collin and I settled in for a movie and Bryan left with things to do.

Yesterday was a little chilly and somewhat dreary. The sun never made it out I don't believe. We lingered over coffee a while. Collin had some things to do, so I decided to head to town for the afternoon and took Mom along. We perused the aisles of Hobby Lobby and Pier I to see what was new for spring and then headed to the mall. I found a 50% St. Patrick's bargain that I rather liked. I'll have something new for next year.

At the mall, we looked in some dress shops to see the fashions for spring. I found a bargain and thought I should take advantage to be ready for next winter. Socks--from New York and Co. I like their socks and they don't come cheap, so to get these at $2 a pair was a deal.

Last night, we went to Collin's folks. His younger brother, Chris, and his wife, Jennifer, were home from Lancaster, PA. Sadly, Jen lost her mother, but we managed to squeeze in a short visit before they left for home this morning.

Today, after church and our Sunday meal with my family, we went outside for a while to enjoy the spring day. Collin and Bryan got out their golf clubs and did a little chipping out in the yard. I think they are getting the itch to get out to the golf course and understandably so. I enjoy watching the two of them share this favorite past time. Then tonight we went back to church for an hour or so of fellowship.
And tomorrow, it's down to business and on with my projects. Stay tuned.

Marcia

No comments: