Sunday, October 27, 2013

Fun-Filled Weekend

It was a busy week--professionally and personally. There were lots of appointments on the calendar during the school day and after school. This type of schedule makes the week pass quickly and serves as a reminder that the last quarter of the year is slipping away. The weekend was no less hectic.

Yesterday was a big day--the annual Fall Festival at Ridgefield and what a fun day is was. There were games for the little ones along with bouncy houses. The outdoor stage hosted karoke, a pet pageant, pie eating contest, and a "kiss the pig" event. There was no shortage of animals--a petting zoo and pony rides. Older kiddos could enjoy the game truck. The Kountry Kitchen had great bar-b-q and nachos inviting you to eat under the big tent. And then, we must not forget the snow cones. Sadly, because of gusty winds, the hot air balloon was unable to launch anyone for a ride.

On the inside, there all kinds of delectable treats at the bake sale. There were dozens of silent auction items and 27 craft venders from the area joined the festivities with their wares. I spent a little money. The temptation was too much. (Micah, I just might have a surprize for you.) It was a fun, fun day and I didn't even mention everything.

And, it wasn't over. When I got home around 2:00, I picked up mom and we headed to Jonesboro to shop a little more. When we got home around 5:00, I layed down a took a nap. I NEVER nap. I must have really been tired. I take it as a sign that I need to slow down a little and relax.

I plan to do just that.  My two new November magazines have arrived and I can hardly wait to get into them and see new holiday ideas.

What did you do this week?

Marcia

No comments: