Sunday, October 13, 2013

Fall Break Visit to New Orleans

Last Wednesday morning, I pitched a couple of bags in the trunk of my car and headed south. We had a three day break from school. I hadn't seen my New Orleans family since July and it was time. Collin didn't get to go with me as originally planned, but I needed a change of scenery, some time to relax, and play time with Ben. He was a sweetheart and told me to head out.

And that's about all I did while I was there--play with Ben. I ditched the professional role of administrator and simply became "Grammie" for three days and it was wonderful. Micah and I got to visit and spend some quality time together which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Our days were spent playing at the neighborhood park.

We tried out the merry-go-round for the first time. . .

and went down the slide frequently.

Early mornings and late nights, we hopped in the stroller and walked the 1 1/2 mile loop of the NOBTS campus. All we had to do was ask Ben if he wanted to go outside and he would run to the stroller and wait somewhat IMpatiently by the front door.



Micah and I went shopping Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours.  

Sunday morning I headed back home to J'town. It was a great trip.

This week is Rhyne's fall break and they are headed home for a visit of their own. How luckly--I get to see them again. The rest of my family is anxious for their arrival. Are they in for a treat!

Marcia 

No comments: