Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year

What a wonderful holiday we've had this year with family and friends. This week has passed quickly and it's hard to believe that Christmas has come and gone and the New Year is here. Our family Christmas was wonderful. Collin and I shared a pleasant Christmas morning together over coffee without rush or hurry. It was rather quiet and still in the early morning and Bryan was still asleep. It's always nice to have a little time to just take in the moment. We began our day with Mom and Dad. We had a wonderful lunch and then opened presents together.

About mid-afternoon, we traveled to Brookland to share Christmas with Collin's mom and dad. Collin's nephew, Nathaniel was able to drive in from Oxford and join us. I'm not sure the last time that he and Micah have seen each other. I think it was good for the cousins to reminisce and catch up. I know the grandparents enjoyed having them.

The last stop of the day was back at our house to see what Santa had left under the tree for everyone. Presents aside, I felt so blessed to have all my family home and together one more time. My dad always says, "If I have my family, something to eat, and my health, I've had Christmas." I agree with him.

And now, here we are beginning a new year. Collin and I have shared and talked about this past year and how blessed we are. We have a wonderful family, health, good jobs, a warm house, friends, financial and material blessings galore, and a wonderful church family. God is so good and he blesses us daily even though we are undeserving. Every good and perfect gift comes from above. May we live this year with thankful hearts and strive to glorify our Heavenly Father every day.

Marcia

1 comment:

Tana said...

I love this! Of course, I have great intentions about communicating and then I fail. You have no idea how much I miss your friendship and like mindedness. Pray you have a great 2010! Love you much! Tana