Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Has Arrived

Merry Christmas to All,

It has been a wonderful holiday season with many joyous occasions and now the big day is just about to arrive. Although I enjoy the festivities and fellowship with friends, one thing I particularly enjoy is just being home to enjoy our decorations and slow down just a bit. I thought I'd invite you on a Christmas tour of our home. Welcome and come on in. Some of my decorations are rather old, some are newer, and most all are filled with a story or a tradition, and many were gifts from friends and family which are pleasant reminders of good times, days gone by, and shared love.

















One tradition I've begun is to have Christmas Eve Brunch with my family. Some years, we've been interrupted, but it's a time that we can just be together without gifts and simply enjoy each other. This year, Rhyne's parents, Glen and Diane joined us along with Mom and Dad.

Our Christmas Eve will be somewhat quiet tonight--just Collin, Bryan and myself. We'll have the dinner hour together. I've already got the ham in the oven baking. It's really ugly outside, but our home and our hearts are warm and joyful. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Marcia

No comments: