Friday, December 11, 2009

A Little More Christmas

The second week into the holiday season has just about come to a close. It's been another busy week, but not like the last one.

Monday night was very nice. Collin and I went to the Riceland Banquet at the ASU Fowler Center. We had a wonderful dinner of ham, turkey, broccoli rice casserole, green beans, carrots, tossed salad, macaroni salad, rolls, and German chocolate cake along with tea. Every chair had a goody bag of rice, notepads, and pens. Collin received a very nice jacket as a safety award, and a DVD player for 15 years of service. He also had a winning ticket for the door prizes and won $10. We had a great time and enjoyed visiting with his work associates and their spouses. Here is a snapshot of us at the banquet.

Thursday night, I hosted the Mary Kay girls in my unit. We were few in number, but it's hard this time of year to find a night when everyone can attend. We enjoyed chicken wraps and chicken salad sandwiches from Chick-Fil-A with chips and dip. We had a vanilla almond dip along with cinnamon crackers for dessert. Along with the soft drinks, I made some cinnamon cider. We had a good time and a nice visit before everyone had to begin parting their separate ways.

I'm kind of in wind down mode tonight, but I have Christmas plans for tomorrow. It's time to wrap packages. That's a big job and takes quite a bit of time. I don't plan to venture into the city tomorrow for I know it will be hustle and bustle. I'll take some afternoons next week to finish my shopping. I prefer to stay warm while enjoying the tree and a little Christmas music on the stereo. Um, I might even just have to have a warm cup of cappuccino.

Marcia

No comments: