Monday, November 11, 2013

Coming Off a Great Weekend

It was a great weekend. Collin got a chance to deer hunt a few days and that gave me a chance to do a few things that I wanted to do like reading and watching some movies.

Friday night, I sat up shop for a Christmas wrapping station. I've cleared out a spot in the downstairs area and borrowed Mom's card table. Several days ago, Bryan helped me bring in boxes, tissue paper, sacks, bows, and the like from storage. I collected scissors, tape, pens, etc., and I have started wrapping a few presents. The best part is that I can leave out all the stuff in an out-of-the-way place and not have to drag out and put away all the time. It's so much easier to wrap as you go and not spend a full day or several nights trying to conceal all the surprises. When the tree go up, I'll have something to go under it.
Saturday, mom and I went shopping and had a great time. Sunday, we had a wonderful service at church.

Today was special at school. Our Interact Club advised by our history teacher, hosted the annual RCS Veteran's Day Celebration. The choir sang, we had a guest speaker, and a number of veterans came as guests. My dad was in the navy and served during WWII. I was so pleased to have him and my mom at the celebration today.


Good thing I got some rest over the weekend because the calendar for this week is full.

Marcia

No comments: