Sunday, November 17, 2013

Busy Times

It has been another busy week full of activity and as the holidays approach, there is more to look forward to and lots of excitement. Last week was busy at RCS. I had several appointments and meetings not to mention that basketball is in full swing. It is not uncommon for me to pull two to three nights a week of basketball. Jr. and Sr. high boys and girls plays as well as elementary teams. I'm not complaining--I enjoy watching the kids play, visiting with parents, and the overall excitement of the season. Thursday I left home at 6:30 a.m. for an all day meeting in Little Rock, got back to the gym parking lot at 4:05 p.m. and took in four basketball games. My day ended around 9:00 p.m. I had no trouble sleeping. Being at RCS is a blessing every day. All of our basketball games end like this.

The scene never gets old; it touches my heart every game. You will not see this or experience this outside of a private Christian school.

It was a wonderful weekend.  Collin went hunting again and I did several things on the home front. I managed to watch some movies, read, and wrap packages in the Santa's workshop area I created last week. What fun! I've started humming Christmas music. I concluded for the day around 4:30 p.m. and decided to make a WalMart run. I needed some groceries and had a few Christmas gift items on my list. I made it back in about 7:30 and popped a pizza in the oven. I had to buy some special treats for my best little guy. I'm so excited--Tuesday, Micah and Ben are coming home early to celebrate Thanksgiving. This is Ben's stash.

I picked up a couple of his momma's favorites, too. Rhyne will be here over the weekend.

We had wonderful services at church this morning. Walnut St. is celebrating 100 years this month. We have former ministers and guests preaching four Sundays. Last week, Tommy and Joyce Snyder were our guests, and today we welcomed Bruce and Donna Raley. Everything is beginning to look like Christmas at the church. The 30th Annual Living Christmas is on the horizon and the tree went up this week. I helped decorate it and at the end of the day it looked like this.

The lights were on the morning for the worship hour and some additional work had been completed. 

The presentation is the first weekend in December and we hope to have many guests.  This is our gift to the community for the Christmas season.  I hope you'll come.   

It is truly the most wonderful time of the year. I'm looking forward to the days ahead with all the celebrations and family events. Next week, I'll share the adventures of Ben at Grammie's house.

Marcia

No comments: