Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stormy Weekend

Our weekend has been full. Two weeks in a row we have had thunderstorms and threats of tornadoes. This weekend was worse than last. Last week, our rain gauge measures 2 inches and this weekend it registered over 3 inches. We've needed some rain, but thunder, lightening, and high winds can be somewhat un-nerving. We were very fortunate not to have any damage. I love being outside, but when it rains, I do get a little housework done which was the case this weekend.

The heavy rains played havoc with my azaleas. They have been beautiful, but they are just about history for this spring as is the case all over the city as you drive and look at the landscape around the residual areas.
Riceland hosted their annual picnic yesterday afternoon and we went for a couple of hours. Collin worked their game booth for a little bit and I busied myself with some games of bingo. I wasn't very lucky; I came away with no prize. The buffet line carried hot dogs and burgers. They were de-lish. My hot dog was rounded off with a bag of chips, a drink, and ice cream for dessert.

My dad celebrates his 84th birthday tomorrow. We had Sunday lunch with him and Mom. We made a quick snapshot, very natural, very unposed. Dad was relaxing in his easy chair watching a Cardinal baseball game. This is a common occurrence for Sunday afternoon.
The sunshine is out and I want to enjoy the swing a little while this afternoon. If I don't hurry, the squal line west of us will be here soon with another afternoon shower and I'll have missed the opportunity.
Looking for sunshine,

Marcia

No comments: