Sunday, May 23, 2010

Flower of the Week--Bearded Iris

My past week hasn't been overly eventful. There is nothing of grandeur to report; just another week of work and the normal household chores. I'm not a big fan of housework. I've always been one to prefer being outside cutting the grass or planting flowers. Since this has been a pretty routine week, I thought it was an excellent opportunity to showcase some of nature's beauty and create a unique moment through the gift of photography. It lets you relive the memories again and again.
The feature flower I want to share will be the iris. They were beautiful this spring and I have a number of varieties at different vantage points of the yard. I've collected them from here and there. Even Collin loves this beauty and we have two beds of them at each corner of his shop. I hope you enjoy them by photo as much as I admired them walking throughout my yard.
Burgundy with Bronze
Traditional PurpleYellowLavenderSalmon PinkWhite with Lavender TrimWhite with Yellow ThroatOops! I repeated myself, but it's so pretty enjoy the yellow again.

And finally, Burgandy with LavenderTribute to the Iris,

Marcia

No comments: