Tuesday, September 19, 2017

u-HAULing It Down I-55

Collin and I did a little spur-of-the-moment thinking and planning heading south again this weekend to NOLA.  It wasn’t something we had really planned but circumstances arise and you do what you need or want to do.
 
Micah has been wanting the piano for a while.  My mom and dad bought it for my 8th birthday and I spent many hours practicing and learning to play on it.  It moved with me when I got married to our little house and then moved again when we moved into this house.  It has resided here for the better part of 33 years, but now has another home in NOLA. 
Micah practiced and learned to play on this instrument.  I tried (emphasis on tried) to teach her for about a year and it was clear we needed a teacher besides Mom.   Collin said when we had a lesson it sounded like two bobcats fighting and he would have to go outside.  I don’t know if it was that bad, but nonetheless, thank goodness for Mrs. Dianna.

We rented a U-Haul and loaded on Thursday afternoon with help.  Thank goodness for Steve, Bryan, and Andy.

Collin got home from work a little early on Friday and we left shortly reaching our destination about 11:30.
We ate Sonic burgers as we drove and stopped quickly only when necessary.  It goes without saying, but we went to bed immediately—we were exhausted.

Saturday, we had just a few minutes with Rhyne and Ben.  They were headed to Starkville to watch the Bulldogs take on LSU and we were excited they could go to the game on the Mississippi State campus.  Cowbells in tow, the boys were headed out dressed in maroon. 
Even the girls sported the appropriate colors. 

You can see they had a great time and Ben was beside himself. 



We watched the game on the TV during the evening.  I think we could hear Rhyne and Ben yelling.

Micah had helpers lined up to move the piano in about 9:30. They were johnny-on-the-spot, and in no time, the boys had her piano in place. 
After enjoying the rest of the morning, Micah took us out for a great meal and Dad got to enjoy some seafood.  We did a little shopping at Hobby Lobby, then drove around a bit sightseeing and back to the house for a snack and the game.

Papa hadn’t seen Anne Kathryn since she was born so you can imagine how excited he was to hold her and play with her.  She was three months old on Saturday. 
 


We got to see Ben a few minutes before leaving. We headed back home Sunday morning so Collin could be ready for work on Monday morning.

You’d think I would learn by now, but I’m always amazed at God’s timing, His blessings, and the way He works.  I’ve always loved grand pianos and wanted one, but never expected to have one.  Circumstances prevailed and when I wasn’t even thinking about a piano, God provided and this one is now sitting in my living room. 
I’ve been playing nearly every day since it was delivered and can still hardly believe its sitting there.  Now Micah is blessed in her desire and her dad and I was so pleased that we could take our family piano to her.  There are many years of music that have already come from that instrument first for me and then for Micah.  I’m counting on my grandbabies learning to play on that piano.

Music has always been a part of my life.  Playing brings me great joy.  Nearly every time I play at home or the organ at church, I think of my dad.  He used to tell that he thought I’d never learn to play.  It sounded like PING……..pongggggg.  PING PIING pongggggg!  I think he would be pleased that I finally figured it out and it helps me to. . .

Live Simply

Marcia

Oh yes, I almost forgot, THE BULLDOGS WON!!!  How thoughtless of me to leave out that very important detail.  Forgive me, Rhyne. Hail State!



No comments: