Sunday, August 6, 2017

Meet Anne Kathryn: Sugar, Spice and Everything Nice--That's What Little Girls Are Made Of

We are so pleased to introduce the newest member of our family.  Meet Anne Kathryn Putman, born Friday, June 16th at 2:02 p.m., weighing 8 lbs. 10 oz., and 19 inches long.

Of course, this has been the most anticipated event of the summer for our family.  We had been on standby for two weeks trying to be sure the bills were paid, the laundry was staying caught up, and the SUV was filled with gas ready to head south on I55.


Micah called Thursday afternoon about 1:30 and said they were putting her in the hospital Friday morning and inducing labor.  I called her dad with the news and he said, “Do you want to head out this afternoon?” Now I think you can guess my obvious reply, “I’ll have our bags packed by the time you get home from work.”  We left home shortly after 5 o’clock and arrived in NOLA at 12:30 a.m.  Everybody was asleep, so we snuck in as quietly as we could and went to bed.  We were beat—not quite as young as we used to be.

This little one is just as precious and beautiful as we expected.  God blessed once again with a second healthy baby.  We’ve always loved our little Ben dearly and now there was a second grandchild to love as well.

Collin stayed through the weekend, but had to drive home on Monday.  He had to get back to work, but I stayed with Micah two weeks to help with the baby, play with Ben, and manage the household chores.  Laundry waits on no one and thank goodness for dishwashers.   I thought I might cook several meals, but their church family was just so incredibly generous.  They brought meal after meal for the entire time, and if there wasn’t something new and fresh delivered, we had untold leftovers in the frig that could be reheated. 


During my stay, I made one Wal-Mart run to buy a few grocery staples and household cleaning items.  I also walked to the Lifeway Bookstore located on the seminary campus one afternoon to peruse for about an hour or so.  Toward the end of my stay, Micah was feeling a little better and we walked the campus in the late afternoon taking Anne Kathryn for a ride in the stroller.  I think she’s going to enjoy those little outings.


At the close of two weeks, Collin drove back on Saturday to bring me home.  He made it to NOLA about 3:30 and was he ever ready to hold and love that little girl.  I remember another little girl that he was crazy about.  

We had Sunday together with our kiddos and headed to Jonesboro on Monday.  We had a good drive home and were very excited that we had a little traveling companion with us.  We had plans. (Another post to come.)

As I am a bit behind, our little angel is now a month old.  That is so hard to believe; time passes so quickly.  I told Micah with the arrival of Ben and again with Anne Kathryn, the second nine months passes much more quickly than the first nine months. 



6 weeks old

I’m thankful that God has blessed me in that I have been able to retire.  There have been so many special things in our lives this summer.  Things that have needed time and I have been afforded both the time and the opportunity.   Family is everything (I’ve tried desperately to teach that to my children) and being with them brings our greatest joy. Hopefully, we’re creating memories that will continue through the generations. 

First trip to church

It’s all part of. . .

Living Simply,


Marcia

No comments: