Monday, January 10, 2011

Wintry Day at Home

According to the calendar, winter arrives in December, but it has officially arrived as of today with a white snowy blanket covering the ground--about two inches of it, and of course, enough to close all schools. I may be working through June for the third year in a row. I'm not to bothered though. I figure the weather is in the Lord's hands as is the rest of his plan for my life, so I'll work when he wills and stay home when he wills.

I do enjoy the snow. It brings beauty, peace, and serenity. It provides a slowdown for me and a calm for my soul. After coffee, I put on heavy clothes and boots and headed outside for some photos. I just always have to make a picture.

I also added seed to the birdfeeders. I can stand in the window endlessly and watch. You may think I'm really bored, have no life, or am lazy when I should be doing something else, but I am truly awed by this part of God's creation. Our cardinal couples are back, and yesterday, Collin and I saw three bluebirds besides the countless sparrows and blackbirds.

Yes, it is indeed snowy both inside. . .

and outside.

I love snowmen and to lengthen the holiday season, nothing says winter to me like displaying a few of my favorite pieces. Besides, if we're going to have snow, usually January is the month.

Winter is not my favorite season outside of a little snow here and there. I don't like being cold. When I see the remainder of summer lingering and hugging my mailbox in a different style of beauty, I'm reminded that there is a purpose in everything at all times and that before long, spring will be arriving.

Happy January,

Marcia

No comments: