Sunday, February 21, 2010

Warm Sunny Weekend Equals Weary Back and Muscles

FINALLY. . .beautiful weather in Arkansas. Thursday and Friday were gorgeous days with temperatures reaching into the 50s. It seemed like a major heat wave after so much snow and blistering cold. I had a renewed energy and plans for the weekend.

When I got in Friday afternoon from school, I began immediately on my weekend house cleaning chores to get the inside tidy and the dust out. That left Saturday open for other chores and spending the day outside. I was not disappointed; the day dawned with sunshine and as the day progressed the temps crept on into the 60s. Collin and I were outside most of the day either working in his shop or as in my case, cleaning the yard. Armed with snippers, rake, and wheel barrow, I went to work pruning and racking the leaves from all the flower beds and the foundation of the house. In the late afternoon, our neighbor saw us out working and came over with his lawnmower to help bag the leaves.

Well, my yard looks great for February, but by day's end, my back was screaming "ABUSE, ABUSE!" Thank goodness for a Jacuzzi tub and lots of hot water. You should see all the jonquils though; they are ready to burst into yellow. I can hardly wait. I'm expecting this. . .
just any day now.

Marcia

No comments: