Thursday, October 1, 2009

Family Reunion

I'm an only child, but my mom and dad come from rather large families. My mom is one of seven siblings and my dad is as well. I've always thought this was the most amazing thing to have numerous brothers and sisters. When the brothers, sisters, and their spouses gather, there is always much gaiety, conversation, and laughter. It can really get loud sometimes and can also be quite funny and humorous if you sit back and listen. I can only imagine how it was when they were younger and living together at home. It was always rather quiet at my house when I growing up. When either side of the family had a reunion it was quite an affair always with a big meal involved.

Last weekend, we had one of such gatherings. My mom's sister from Illinois, along with her niece and husband came by for a visit while enroute to visit their granddaughter and daughter, respectively. My mom invited their other two brothers and a spouse along with Collin, Bryan, and me to come for the dinner meal as well. We had a great time.

At my mom and dad's age, I think it is incredible that my mom still has three of her siblings, and my dad has four of his. This is a picture of my mom (who by the way is the youngest) along with her sister and two brothers. Perhaps one of these days, I'll catch dad with his brother and three sisters. My dad by the way, was the youngest boy in the family. Until then, enjoy a picture of the Wood clan.

Marcia

No comments: