Sunday, September 22, 2013

Summer Project--Room ReDo

Last week I began sharing about the summer and focused on our travels. This week, I thought I'd share about one of my home projects and a few photos. When we bought our house nearly 30 years ago, it had one, SMALL bathroom. After being here about 10 years, we entered into a major remodel. With a new bathroom, Micah and Bryan inherited the smaller one to share. Then Micah married and that left the bathroom for Bryan. It had been remodeled one time since, but was in definite need of another facelift. I decided this was the summer to embark. May I say--MAJOR undertaking. It is the last room in my house to have wall paper and the paper had to go.

Mixing this project along with working a couple of days each week, it took me two to three weeks for total completion. It took several days to strip the wall paper. Then there was a lot of damage on the sheetrock because of years of wear and tear. Collin helped me some and we mudded and sanded before ever thinking about picking up the paintbrush.

Here are a few photos. Keeping in mind, this bathroom is Bryan's, it had to be something of his reflection. Knowing his personality, considering some collection peices, and the fact that he is all about the drums, I began pondering. I settled on a shade of gold for the walls and accessorized in brown, crimson, gold, and beige. I purchased new shower curtains and a rug.

I found a framed mirrow that I thought was beautiful,a fantastic bargain at Kirklands, and ditched the old one. 

I added a few bronze pieces for shelving and accents. 


It was time for some new fixtures and faucets which my wonderful husband installed and before you knew it, we had a new bathroom. Bryan collects percussion peices and we utilized those to dress up the room and make it his, yet still be appealing as a guest bathroom.



Next summer, we're going to look at his bedroom. I've purchased the new comforter in the same coloring as his bathroom. You can't get started planning too early.

Marcia

No comments: