Sunday, December 16, 2012

Celebration Time

Christmas is in the air.  After a great deal of time and effort, some things have come to a close for which we celebrate and some things we still look toward and will continue to celebrate.  It is the most wonderful time of the year.

Last week marked the end of a major goal for both Bryan and me.  He took his last college final this past Monday and I clicked the submit button for the last time on Tuesday morning.  Last night we went out to celebrate and had dinner at Colton's.  We didn't participate in official ceremonies, but our diplomas awaits pickup.  Bryan went duck hunting and declared it was much more enjoyable than listening to a speech.  I did laundry, wrapped some packages,  and turned up the Christmas music on the stereo.  I, too, thought it was much more enjoyable than listening to a speech.  We were both happy campers.

Bryan has completed a BS in Agronomy (Plant and Soil Science).  His immediate plan is to rest and relax a little, enjoy Christmas, and stay in the duck blind for a time.  He laughed the other night and said it was his off-season.  We'll see what January brings.  I can't say I blame him--he deserves a little break.

When I accepted the position as administrator at RCS, I still needed some hours in Educational Leadership.  After 20 months, I've earned a second master's degree.  Please, if something else arises that I need more college classes, someone tell me I need my head examined. 

Speaking of RCS, we finish school and begin Christmas break as of Wednesday.  A lot of excitement is in the air.  Classrooms and hallways are decorated for Christmas and the kiddos as well as teachers can hardly wait for a break.  I'm hosting a luncheon on Tuesday as my Christmas gift to the staff.

I'm excited to start my own celebration.  I need to shop and wrap presents.  I haven't even thought about our traditional goodies and snacks from the kitchen, and my NOLA children are coming home this week.  There will definately be a post with pictures of our sweet little Ben.   We're enjoying dinner meals with our families and I always serve Christmas Eve brunch--something else that I need to plan and have yet to find the time.  As you can see, we have much to celebrate. 

Marcia

No comments: