Thursday, June 9, 2011

Life's Simple Pleasures

Those of you who know me best are not surprised by my love of nature. I frequently mention things of nature, simply being outside sitting in the swing, things I see while traveling, etc.


I have a bright orange butterfly bush in full bloom outside by the patio. I have really been enjoying this beauty the last week or so. Rightly named, it draws butterflies and I sit in amazement watching them dance from bloom to bloom. Last week I noticed a beautiful one flitting around the bush --black with orange on it's wings. I thought how I would love to capture this delightful little creature digitally.

Yesterday morning, a new species found it's way to my bush--almost completely yellow with black trim on it's wing edges. Absolutely beautiful!. I had my phone outside and I had a thought--"I just wonder; could I possibly get a picture." And to my delight, the little guy was very cooperative even though I moved very slowly, deliberately, and carefully as not to scare him away. Is he not beautiful?


I was actually able to get up very close on him with my phone.


Yesterday afternoon, a third new one joined, but alas, he was very crafty and I could not catch him still. Solid black with sky blue coloring on his wings. Maybe another day, I'll get lucky.

Marcia

No comments: