Sunday, May 17, 2009

Graduations and Mother's Day--It Must Be May

Last weekend was another busy one for our family. There was quite a bit of excitement stirring and we got up early Saturday morning. Although I really enjoy leisurely cups of coffee on my one off day of the week, I had to drink fast and get ready rather quickly. Collin's mom and dad arrived by 7:30 so we could head south to Oxford, Mississippi. It was graduation day at Ole Miss and Nathaniel, Collin's nephew, was getting his diploma. We are quite proud for him as he earned a degree in business and has been in the ROTC program. He will be a commissioned officer in the army and plans on a military career at this point. His dad is Craig, Collin's older brother, and his mom, Arista. They live in Milwaukee so we obviously don't see them too often. We had a good visit and enjoyed dinner together at Owen Brennen's before driving home.

Sunday was a very special day. We had wonderful services at church with baby dedication and recognition of mothers on their special day. I'm as so blessed to not only be a mother, but to have one, and I might add that I had the sweetest grandmother ever. Nanny was something else. From all accounts, I would have dearly loved my grandmother Clara as well, but she passed long before my mom and dad even married. My mother prepares lunch for us every Sunday and I do so enjoy not only the meal, but the time we get to visit. The work week is so hectic that I've come to look forward to this day. If at no other time during the week, we can usually catch up on the details of the past week and that which we are looking forward to the next week. Most families don't share weekly lunches like we do, and I count it a rare treat; a tradition like no other.


This weekend, we actually stayed on the home front and worked in our yard and on our house a bit. We were in between showers of rain and tried to take advantage of the weather. It was so exciting to carry the houseplants out to the patio. I'm so encouraged that the weather is making a change that I have a plan. I need bedding plants for my container garden. So. . . .after work tomorrow, hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Lowe's I go.


Thumbs turning green,


Marcia

No comments: